We are looking for a Solutions Architect to provide sound technical leadership in all aspects of our business. You will communicate with employees, stakeholders and customers to ensure our company’s technologies are used appropriately.
The person we are looking for would join a supportive team of talented individuals and provide leadership and technical expertise for a wide range of project types. This person would be a self-starter and a hard worker who is interested in further building out the infrastructure of our XR department. He or she would bring a passion for XR and a strong pursuit of excellence toward strengthening a team that can execute on high-level production.
- Work with current technologies in web, mobile, AR/VR development
- Ensure best development practices are being followed by all development teams
- Provide critical feedback to improve projects and development team performance
- Maintain current knowledge on latest technologies (web, mobile, webXR, social AR, gaming, blockchain, ML/AI, etc) to act as a resource for the team
Development Team Leadership & Management
- Provide technical leadership to teams throughout the project lifecycle
- Find, vet, and hire full-time and contract-based developers
- Champion agile development best practices among internal teams and clients
Process & Project Quality
- Consistently champion quality across all projects
- Develop more efficient processes for getting projects done on time and under budget
- Work with the BD team to scope projects, complete technical portions of proposals, and pitch large projects
- Speak with clients and our internal team about technology limitations and opportunities
- Work with Project Managers to design and prototype experiences
- Contribute to the tech industry by speaking at conferences, writing articles, etc.
- Hold a degree in Computer Science, or a resume full of practical experience
- 5+ years developing software professionally
- Proven experience as a technical team leader
- Extensive experience with Unity, Unreal, ARKit, ARCore, A-Frame, OpenFrameworks, Three.js, WebGL/OpenGL, etc
- Able to break down complicated tasks into discrete solvable components, prioritize what is important, and provide accurate time estimates
- Experience in architecting and balancing game systems
- Understand the capabilities and limitations of AR/VR technology
- Possess a thorough understanding of art pipelines and integration
- Have a critical eye for visual design with the ability to provide feedback
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
- Self-motivated and self-managing
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Possess a good understanding of product quality
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning a plus
About Fishermen Labs
Fishermen Labs is a software innovation company rooted in Los Angeles, CA with team members dispersed throughout the country. We are a team of tech enthusiasts made up of designers, engineers, and project managers. We see tremendous opportunities to impact our world for good by leveraging established and emerging technologies to help major brands reach their audiences. We’ve partnered with brands around the world such as Snapchat, Sony, Nike, Walmart, United Nations, and continue to cultivate more and more of these exciting relationships.
- Health, Vision, & Dental Insurance
- 401(k) & 401(k) matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Employee Profit Sharing
- Catered Lunches
- Monthly Outings
- Annual Company Trip. Previous trips have included a cruise of the Mediterranean, Japan, and two weeks in New Zealand.
Full time. This is a remote position open to workers living anywhere in California.